NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Mud Buoy - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 03-01-2017, 02:39 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Re: Mud Buoy

I can believe these guys got paid for this - i mean come on!!!!! If you hired someone to do this job for you, would any of us have paid them - they just took the money... i cant wait to see the markers to be set.. I believe it is a state or federal agency that sets the buoys. The channel is SUPPOSE to be a certain depth at low tide, i am sure it will not pass at 3 feet or less - another year of dragging bottom, bending props - NJ - the state where nothing can get done correctly the first time EVER

Everyone involved should be proud of themselves

bm
Old 03-01-2017, 02:57 PM
NJFishing.com Member

here is their dredge map - total story telling - notice the end is left out - when did they do this map At high tide?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	landscape.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	107694  
Old 03-06-2017, 11:14 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

So they apparently only dredged a narrow swath down the middle. A short distance out from the center is still a mud flat at low tide. I guess the project wasn't contracted to do a thorough job but only a job! I am aware that one of the limiting factors was someone's concern that a more aggressive extraction of mud would impact the shellfish in and adjacent to the channel.

I guess the absence of accurate markers and dangerous low water conditions act as speed bumps to curtail excessive speed in that area. In any case, what a rip off! This project was supervised by the Division of Transpotation. What did we expect? That's the same division which can't even maintain the roads.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:20 PM
NJFishing.com Member

came thru yesterday - 2.9 feet of water in channel - how can this be considered a finished job - what did they even do?????? - why did they get paid??? am i the only person that cares? - they buoys are not on old tracks, be careful. amazing how the government bodies involved just stay silent - how much money was wasted!!!!!!
Old 03-26-2017, 03:03 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

best thing to do is everyone contact the dept of transportation and copy the governor asking why this job is considered complete,. its going to take a bunch of angry people to possibly get it looked into

Fifty pound + , Striped Bass live release club
Old 03-26-2017, 03:24 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Do they expect to install the ATONS to mark channels? Looks like I will have keep gas tanks empty and drive all the gear and people to Belmar and pick them up at gas dock. I need 3' of water and a few times on the West wind it was bad, I cant wait to see it now.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:54 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Try contacting Susanne Cervenka at the Asbury Park Press. She reported on the project at a news conference held in the Belmar Municipal Marina before the project started. By showing some interest in the present state of affairs, she is likely to help call attention to the problem.

Susanne Cervenka scervenka@gannettnj.com

You can also direct questions to John Dempsey with the Shark River Coalition
john.dempseyiv@gmail.com
Old 03-26-2017, 07:11 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

E mail sent
Old 03-27-2017, 09:14 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

I will also be sending an email out tomorrow at the latest.

I splash in this weekend, if i have a chance i will get a few sonar pics of channels.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:18 AM
NJFishing.com Member

i went thru the channel on sunday 03/26/2017 - as you can see i am going thru the section that the dredge spent most of its time on - the new buoys are in place - the water is missing - i was pushing mud - i have more photos of the 2.9 feet of water most of the section was in depth - for some reason i cant upload at this time - you would think this is newsworthy seeing all the money that was taken and the communities getting nothing in return bm will post the photos asap
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	two.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	107989  

Last edited by bartman27; 03-29-2017 at 04:22 AM..