NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

10/16 Eastmans Whiting/Ling Marathon 12 Hours - Page 13 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Open Boat and Charter Trips (Salt Water)
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Open Boat and Charter Trips (Salt Water) Use this board to post charter openings as well as open boat trips , hours for sailing etc. THIS BOARD IS TO BE USED FOR SPONSOR BOATS ONLY.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:50 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: 10/16 Eastmans Whiting/Ling Marathon 12 Hours

Forecast is for some afternoon wind

The trip is a go

We are departing at 6 but if everyone is on board we will leave earlier
Old 10-14-2015, 04:04 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Thank you for all the information. My first time there can't wait. Ice blocks can be purchased on boat or any better recommendations.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:11 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Bags of ice can be purchased at Eastman office
Old 10-17-2015, 06:59 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Had the pleasure of sailing on a sponsor boat Lady Merilee out of Eastmans Fishing Sea Brook, NH on Friday 10/16. Trip was put together by Site member Marc Schloss, and he did a great job.

There were 21 of us on a 95' boat, plenty of room. Boat was top shelf as was the Capt and the Deckhands. Conditions were a tad sporty for most of the day, making not ideal fishing conditions, but we still did good. Wind was honking at 35 at one point, but by the end of the day she laid down nice.

Started the morning off catching Macks for bait and table, right outside the inlet, in about 30 minutes we had all we needed and headed to the grounds.

Steady pick of Whiting and Ling all daym my group averaged 35-40 Whiting per man. Catch numerous Cod and Haddock that had to go back, made a couple Pollack drops, ya had to weed through shorts, but nice fish were mixed in.

We did a community food for the trip and you had all you wanted: Bagels, Donuts, Pastries, Hot Dogs Hamburgers, Spaghetti/Meatball, Lasagna, Baked Beans, Hot Pretzels, Chip, d, water and Gatorade. No one went hungry .

Great group on the boat, made several new friends. Big Kudos to Marc for a well planned event.

Marc and 5 others went on a 6 pack out of Eastmans the day before and slammed the Whiting and Pollock, they averaged 50+ Whiting a man and filled up with Pollack to 10 lbs.

Great time by all in my group.We will be back.

As I type the Whiting are in the Brine Barrel, Cherry Wood is soaking...Smoking begins in the AM
Old 10-18-2015, 08:11 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

All of Marcs trips are pretty much the same. Great fishing, top mates, tons of food.

He plans everything. Top notch.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:29 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

First I am sorry for delay in posting

I want to thank all the NJ members who traveled so far to fish on my first NJ fishing group charter

Here is my report

We started by stopping 15 minutes from the dock and loading up on Boston Macks

We use them for Whiting Bait. Some guys kept them to take home

As far as the fishing results I was dissapointed. I realize some of you may think 20 to 30 Whiting per person is a good day compared to catching zero Whiting in NJ for many years but just the day before we had 350 Whiting for 6 anglers. The area we are currently fishing is a steep ledge that starts at 220 feet and drops to 450 feet. With the wind blowing as much as 30 to 40 it was very difficult to anchor up and stay where we wanted to be. We had a decent pick most of the day. Anytime we fell less than 300 feet of water it was Haddock galore. Which are out of season till 11/1

Here are the pictures

WHITING PICTURES NEXT