NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Jersey Key 6/6 Kite Fishing Bass - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2013, 10:13 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Jersey Key 6/6 Kite Fishing Bass

Had Chris, Chris, and Chris aboard for a afternoon charter. Left the dock around 1PM. Set out and did 2 quick drifts for Fluke putting 2 keepers in the box and releasing a decent amount of 17" fish. Guys said they were ready for some BIG BASS! Made bite tight to the beach with one throw, filled the wells, and went looking around. Found some decent marks and decided to set up. Myself and my buddy Andy have been talking about putting a kite out for bass just to change things up a little. Thinking ahead I put the electric reel and a kite on board "just in case". With the steady wind it was a great afternoon to set it out. Kite went out, I bridle the first bunker and send him in on his way on the long clip. As I turn my back to get second rod rigged and I hear a huge splash. Turn around and see my bunker buzzing on the surface looking normal as nothing has happened. As I was about to get the other rod I happen to see the most vicious bass bite I have ever seen. Bass came half way out of the water and starts peeling line. Feed it...feed it...feed it...push the Avet Mxl to strike...pop the clip..reel in bow in line and come tight. Hand rod off to one of the Chris's and he fights the fish. Fish hits the deck and weighs in at 41# on the boga. This was Chris's first bass ever! Lines back out and no sooner baits in water we have a double. Land both fish a 28#er and a 43#er. I wish I had my go pro to get some footage of the insane bites. These buzzing baits were driving the bass nuts! Went and set up for another drift and put the lines back out. Soon after baits in the water 2 giant explosions again. Came tight on both, but unfortunately pulled the hook on both. Lines back out and again a giant explosion on the short clip. Bass was smacking around the bait for a solid minute with his tail, but never ate the bait. Guys were more then satisfied with fish in the box so we decided to leave and head back for the dock. I am going to make a few changes to our system and get it dialed in to decrease the chances of missing these fish. This was personally the most exciting way to catch a striped bass and was fun to try something different. It was incredible how aggravated these fish were with the "buzzing" bunkers. I will be running open boat afternoon trips all next week. Please contact me if interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mail-22.jpeg
Views:	438
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	59732   Click image for larger version

Name:	mail-18.jpeg
Views:	349
Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	59733   Click image for larger version

Name:	mail-19.jpeg
Views:	433