NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Round valley trout association - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 02-14-2019, 12:44 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Round valley trout association

Quote:
Originally Posted by acabtp View Post
i like the guide service idea, but i don't think that would work because of the rules for for-hire vessels... would need a six-pack captain unless all of the money is a donation to RVTA? maybe capt dave can chime in

i don't know about other people, but even more than going out on someone else's boat, i would love for an RV old timer to come on MY boat and show me what i'm doing right or wrong. can still take a nice donation for RVTA, gives anglers a head start on the reservoir, and avoids the problem of needing the six-pack license.
Good point about the Six-Pack, I didn't even think about that. But if someone has a 12-14 foot jon boat and somebody wants to pay them to take them out on a reservoir, who would know? After reading up on the six pack license part, its no wonder we dont have many freshwater guides in the state. $600 dollars and 3 weekends of 9-5 classes is a bit ridiculous for freshwater, though i think it makes sense for the bigger party boats going out on the ocean.

Your idea is great too! $50-$100 donation to RVTA gets you 2 hours of a knowledgable angler on your boat giving you tips about the body of water? Sounds great!!
Old 02-14-2019, 02:22 PM
NJFishing.com Member

sucks to see round valley numbers on the decline, however, I am not surprised. I refuse to fish round valley anymore. Cant believe im saying this, but it needs a higher park ranger/game warden influence. Launching a boat on a nice day is mobbed. people fishing in the boat launch area, taking pictures, having car photo shoots, kayaks, paddleboards are everywhere, and during the summer inflatable swans!!!

The park is over fished and need some of the recreational activites to be redirected to the actual park side.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:10 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by osumms23 View Post
sucks to see round valley numbers on the decline, however, I am not surprised. I refuse to fish round valley anymore. Cant believe im saying this, but it needs a higher park ranger/game warden influence. Launching a boat on a nice day is mobbed. people fishing in the boat launch area, taking pictures, having car photo shoots, kayaks, paddleboards are everywhere, and during the summer inflatable swans!!!

The park is over fished and need some of the recreational activites to be redirected to the actual park side.
^This is very true as well, I was out there with a buddy on Kayaks last summer and a 55+ woman flipped her tiny sailboat 10ft away from me. She had a life jacket on, but what a mess. Ever had a little old lady hang from your kayak paddle before?

There are definitely some changes that need to be made over there, but i dont see that happening anytime soon unfortunately. The state is really trying to make it welcoming to families which is working, and population in the area has grown a lot.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:39 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by osumms23 View Post

Same thing that happened to Monksville... the launch areas are amusement parks... especially since they started renting kayaks at the launch... Aeroflex is headed that way too...
Old 02-17-2019, 03:08 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
Hunterdon Anglers was run by an egotistical maniac that wanted nothing more than to see the RVTA crash and burn for what ever reasons. BUT with that being said RVTA could have encompassed more of the region into their format. I think after the brown trout fishery crashed many anglers found a new love, the hybrids at Spruce Run.
And yes, many areas that were once "owned" by fishermen now look like amusement parks, and you wonder why license sales are down.
Brown trout fishery didn’t crash . They shocked those beautiful fish to get them out of there to promote the laker fishery .

When they started stocking Lakers the fry were crushed by the big brown trout.
Can only wonder how good the trout fishery would have been if lakers had never been brought in .

We used to throw 7/8 pound browns back nightly in their hay day .
Had hoped the kamaloop fishery would hold , but that never did anything either .

Fifty pound + , Striped Bass live release club
Old 02-17-2019, 06:12 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Anyone think the KILL EM ALL motto at the valley has a wee bit to do with it as well?
Old 02-17-2019, 06:41 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer4reel View Post
Brown trout fishery didn’t crash . They shocked those beautiful fish to get them out of there to promote the laker fishery .

When they started stocking Lakers the fry were crushed by the big brown trout.

Fake News
Old 02-17-2019, 07:30 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15FOOTER View Post
Anyone think the KILL EM ALL motto at the valley has a wee bit to do with it as well?
Yep, probably.
Old 02-18-2019, 09:09 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I lost respect for this organization when they fought against the handicap accessible concrete walkway complaining it would get in the way of launching boats.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:48 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15FOOTER View Post
How many rainbows/browns are you allowed to keep?