NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Round valley trout association
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 12:44 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Round valley trout association

Quote:
Originally Posted by acabtp View Post
i like the guide service idea, but i don't think that would work because of the rules for for-hire vessels... would need a six-pack captain unless all of the money is a donation to RVTA? maybe capt dave can chime in

i don't know about other people, but even more than going out on someone else's boat, i would love for an RV old timer to come on MY boat and show me what i'm doing right or wrong. can still take a nice donation for RVTA, gives anglers a head start on the reservoir, and avoids the problem of needing the six-pack license.
Good point about the Six-Pack, I didn't even think about that. But if someone has a 12-14 foot jon boat and somebody wants to pay them to take them out on a reservoir, who would know? After reading up on the six pack license part, its no wonder we dont have many freshwater guides in the state. $600 dollars and 3 weekends of 9-5 classes is a bit ridiculous for freshwater, though i think it makes sense for the bigger party boats going out on the ocean.

Your idea is great too! $50-$100 donation to RVTA gets you 2 hours of a knowledgable angler on your boat giving you tips about the body of water? Sounds great!!