NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Small Boat - Hudson Canyon
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 09:07 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Small Boat - Hudson Canyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by howarda780
I wouldn't go that far in a 24 ft'r but, thats your choice.

Anything can happen and in a boat of that size you are going to be exposed.

Good Luck.

Anything can happen in a boat of any size. if he has the necessary safety equipment and the fuel range plus a 1/3 spare the size of the boat doesn't mean he will not make it back. Is your cockpit self-bailing? He has two engines, Yes he might take it a little harder on the knees, but his boat will not sink any quicker than the big sportfisher's. In fact his might not even sink at all if it is a model with enought floatation foam. It seems like the guy has his plan in place and has more than a lot of the bigger boats have as far as safety gear. I know a lot of boats that run to the poor mans etc from OCMD that are his size or smaller multiple times a season without a single problem.

Just go over your engines and make sure you have as many spare parts as you can replace easily on the water.

A lot of good suggestions I would bring plenty of water etc, but word of advice just freeze some sealed jugs of water or bottles and you can use that for ice for your drinks and then as they thaw they can be reserve water.

Good luck and go catch them up. If you ever need another crazy F to run with you let me know.