NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - spring lake kids trout tourney
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 09:58 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: spring lake kids trout tourney

Been going with my kids for the past 7 years. It has grown tremendously and as earlier said there are many opinions about right and wrong. I like the idea of a week earlier to keep the adults out. Every kid goes home with a bag of goodies (tackle box, pole etc), breakfast and lunch for free (donations gladly accepted). If you are not set up VERY EARLY (like in the dark) in the morning, you will not find a spot, if you set up in certain areas you may have people in a boat (rowed of course by adults) in front of you and you may find yourself fishing next to many adults (legal of course, but I am not sure of the ethics on that one). I have never seen anyone get a hard time for baiting or casting their child's pole and have witnessed many adults assist their children when the hook a BIG fish. If nothing else you should check it out because it does turn into a carnival atmosphere and once the touney ends (2pm???) it is game on for the adults that waited their turn. Feel free to PM me if you would like any more specifics.

"Life is good.
Eternal life is better
."

<>< <>< <><