NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Fishermans Rally; Wash DC March 21, 2012
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 08:40 AM
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Fishermans Rally; Wash DC March 21, 2012

Nils,

Once again we are called to March to save what little we have left. I am a 3rd generation fishermen, I love what I do, I've respected and appreciated all that has been tossed my way so that the future could enjoy. Yet, here we are once again fighting just to survive.
I haven't made a pimple on a ducks ass taking fish from the bio-mass of the species I've targeted for 34 years, but I feel I'm being made to be a criminal and labeled as a non-important.

Catch Shares, Closed Area's!! Why, as the little guy in this picture should I and future generations have to suffer for an adjenda?
To loose a way of life because someone says they can do it to me is a slap in the face to every hard working American on the sea.

Who knows better than us what we need to survive and keep the industry growing? Not the politicians, not the Scientiest....the guys who live it and see it every day, US.
When the habitat is constantly being destroyed by dumping of mud for miles over beautifull rock bottom..were do the fish go? Salmon for centuries have gone back to the same streams to spawn only to find a Dam, Bridge or slough for them to manuever....Do you think OCEAN fish do the same?
Never got any PHD'S or documents on biology, but I was raised in an area and taught by a local clammer and fishermen who knew all about habitat, food chain and every thing else that made this work....yet, because I don't have THOSE documents, I don't matter.
The folks that do have these documents have been corrupted and forced to choose a side, unfortunatly they have gone for the money and lost everything that they beleaved in, in the first place. They have lost thier passion for saving the Habitat, keeping an equal balance on mother nature and have sold out at the cost of my livelyhood.
Sad to think my son will never see and enjoy what has been a beautifull way to live life..........Capt.Ron

www.captainronsfishermen.com