NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Here comes Irma
Thread: Here comes Irma
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 09:17 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Here comes Irma

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltfisherman View Post
Dave. The area is getting power back more each day. The traffic lights from well north of Bonita beach road to at least Immoklee are working today. I haven't been much further south yet. Gas stations are opening and the lines around me are 5-10 minutes. Its reg gas only.

Your in laws will know the area of the Dunes complex towers on Vanderbilt and just north of 111th they are full power. The 711 at 108th is open with gas. Sams on airport pulling is open for gas. Not sure about the store itself. Walmarts are opening up with limited produce and meats.

The FPL response has been by the 22nd. We are off old 41 at the PO in Bonita springs and we are one day from power. They did turn it on but something popped in the area today.

Restaurants are beginning to open.

Cell service and internet are very spotty at times.

There is a lot of clean up yet to happen. Lots of greenery is destroyed. Damage to property and homes.
Thanks a lot salt.
They got a call today of power restored in the complex.
The plan is to head back on Sat. My daughter will be with them for the ride.
Hope you made out okay.
I'll be down in Feb or March, I'll drop you a line to meet up for a beer and mabey a few casts.
Best to you and your family.
Thanks again!!!