NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - 2024 and 2025 Fluke Options Poll
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2024, 06:39 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: 2024 and 2025 Fluke Options Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Togfather2530 View Post
How about this. Let’s just close the fishery down for a year or two commercial and recreational. We will all live without eating a flounder. That will give the idiots two years to figure their shit out and use their college degrees and maybe their brains to actually come up with a plan that works. The fishery is in the toilet as far as I’m concerned. If recreational guys cared about the fishery like they act like they do on here all they have to do is catch and release the fish and enjoy just fishing. But instead most that go saltwater fishing have to take their limit home. Just shut it down for a year or two commercial and recreational and the fishing will be great. Hopefully by then they figure out that they can’t keep taking these breeders. It’s all stupidity. I’ll sell my boat when it really hits the toilet and it’s getting there.
First of all what makes you believe that commercials would even consider to agree to a shut down and as I assume you are a private boater why would you ask recreational for hire boats to lose a year of pay for their families when its hard enough to make a living? Even if that were to happen there is no indication that the best available science would see better recruitment and we would never get quota back. CR would be acceptable to me but then they would adjust mortality even larger than the BS numbers now and again for hire boats would lose big time.
This is not the answer and why is it that some boats find the fluke consitently day after day if as you say they dont exist, They just dont exist where you are fishing!