NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Sea Bass some interesting information
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 06:39 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: Sea Bass some interesting information

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
Sweetwater ?? Let me age myself by going on the Piper out of Point Pleasant with my father when I could barely see over the rail. Spent about every weekend with my father growing up either fluke fishing, mackerel, bluefish or magic hour trips On the Norma K III watching burlap sacks rip from the rail over flowing with ling and whiting. Lived on party boats growing up, spent time helping on the Norma K II and was a deck hand on the Sea Devil for a while doing bluefish trips. Sweetwater ?? Foamed at the mouth every fall doing at least 3 canyon trips if not more. Moved over and started doing tilefish and love offshore sea bass trips. My father told me I would see changes in my life that I would not believe, I remember being KNEE deep in Boston Mackerel in the spring on party boats. Bingle Bananas, been there done that. Caught tuna before fluorocarbon leader was even invented. Surf fished like a lunatic for at least 14 years strait !! Sweetwater, yes always held a special place in my heart watching trout in the limestone fed rivers in central Pennsylvania.
Andy
Thanks for the Bio. I share most of those same memories. I stand corrected and carry on stirring as you have earned it.