NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Trout Spinning Tactic Questions
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 03:57 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Trout Spinning Tactic Questions

Hi All!

I'm starting to get into the groove of this trout thing, and I was wondering if anyone can share their experiences or tips with certain tactics while using spinning gear. I have had luck so far with CD03s, but I am a one trick pony.

Fly & Bobber:

I have read a lot about using flies on a long leader followed by a weighted (or not) clear float filled with water. I get the premise, but it seems to make a lot of noise when the heavy bobber hits the water. Also, the bobber moves up the line and looks unnatural. Anyone have any luck doing something like this?

Jigging:

I tried using micro jigs to "bounce" off of the bottom while moving downstream, and swinging into target lies. I seem to get snagged more than anything else, and haven't had much success when using a float.

Worms:

I tried drifting some butter worms and blown nightcrawlers. I run into the same challenges as with the jigs. Any tips to get them to bounce while not having to use a float?

Thanks in advance, and thanks to all those that have already shared. It has taught me a lot!

:Cheers: