NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Atlantic Star and Capt Tom?????
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2024, 12:58 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Default Re: Atlantic Star and Capt Tom?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
I get it…..peeps want stuff to take home after all the time and money spent. But it’s not everyone. I’ve posted here a million times before. My son and his bud have fished with me since they were 5 and now are 22. They couldn’t care less about keepers and regs. They just love fishing.
My grandson is the same except when it comes to crabbing.. I do however think there are still a lot of people who want at least the possibility of catching something for the table and this is especially true for the people considering going out on a charter or party boat. I say that because I think the expectation is a little different when you're paying out of pocket for someone to put you on the fish.

Having said all this, there certainly are a lot more people coming of age these days who don't keep anything but love to fish. I do however feel there are a lot fewer getting into fishing than there were in our generation.

I don't like being doom and gloom here but I'm saddened by all the things working against our favorite pass time and how many kids will miss out on the opportunities we had... It's not all about the meat either. It's about all the other things that go along with it like fresh air, relaxation, shared in person experiences and the priceless friendships.

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area

Last edited by Gerry Zagorski; 01-26-2024 at 02:02 PM..