NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Fluke Teaser vs. No Teaser
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 11:27 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Fluke Teaser vs. No Teaser

I've used clousers in the past as a teaser and did pretty well, just don't remember many keepers...I agree, and I think I just feel more comfortable with the teaser on there too, which the mental side of it is half the battle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Bogan View Post
As far as catching bigger fish on the jig and smaller fish on the teaser, it might be a big bait - big fish situation. I like SaltLife1980’s suggestion. Try a bigger teaser and it might result in bigger fish on both the jig and the teaser. Although plenty of big fish get caught on small baits, too. Maybe the small fish are intimidated by the big jig so they jump on the smaller teaser thinking it’s an easier meal.

The flyshishing guys catch so many fluke on various streamers that there is no doubt that a lure without any scent will draw strikes. That said, natural buck tail is better than anything else because the fibers are tapered so it breathes in the water.

Teasers are a smart way to fish. Two hooks is twice as much as one hook!