NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Fluke Meeting/Why We Should Support a Longer Season
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 09:16 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Fluke Meeting/Why We Should Support a Longer Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by team heat
While i agree with most of what angler paul is saying i think we should take into account that problably 80% of the people fishing for fluke are not really good at it.These people are moms and dads with their kids,boyfreinds,girlfreinds,grandpop,company charters,rental boaters etc.Having a 5 fish limit @ 17.5inches would a least give all these people a shot at bringing home a meal or two or seeing a smile on a kids face.For us in the other 20% we know you have to go to the rough stuff to have chance of getting a limit of 18 inch fish.If you go on a party boat who do you think is catching the most and the biggest fish its the guys in the bow with their custom rods and reels and tackle boxes full of jigs while the regular fares are catching shorts or nothing at all.The party boat captains are not going to take a boatload of rookies to the rattlesnake even know they know thats where the keepers are.We in the 20% fish more often and are alot better at it so having enough fluke fillets is usually not a problem.I hope we just dont think about ourselves but take everbody into account.
Try fishing the J2. Captain Ryan hits the rough stuff no matter what. That's why I'm getting ready now!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012_0301jigs0002.JPG
Views:	494
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	45868