NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - "1st annual njf ice contest 2015"
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2014, 04:17 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: "1st annual njf ice contest 2015"

To add to mr. Getanets advice i am on theother hand a jiging fanatic my set up is a 5ft st croix with a small spinning reel to match. I will typically buy line made by trilene or p line that makes a special mono that dosnt freeze up as fast. I usually use all types of tiny jigs up to 1/16-1/32oz and there's a ton of different types these usually produce the pan fish along with your occasional large mouth pickerl and other bigger fish. There's also the ice rapala witch over the last two yrs have become a absolute favorite! When jiging its good to tip the jig with some type of grub. mousies are one of the most popular there's also wax worms meal worms butter worms and maggots. Jigin defiantly gives up more action and is good to keep busy imo. if anyone has any questions on jiging the ice more id be happy to help if i can. Crappies and perch are my winter time favorites. You can catch up and over 5o or even a hundred on a good day!

Last edited by kmaty; 11-23-2014 at 04:20 PM..