NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - New to the message board! - Questions about stripers in the Delaware.
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2021, 02:51 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default New to the message board! - Questions about stripers in the Delaware.

Hey everyone I’ve been viewing this message board for a few months now and decided to finally make a username and post! I’ve been trout fishing since a kid and bought an aluminum boat with a 9.9 last season and haven’t looked back. I fish a lot in Merrill Creek, Oxford Furnace the Delaware and other surrounding areas. (Just a little about me don’t want to go on too much lol)

With that being said I would like to expand and learn more about the River because I don’t seem to have any luck when I head out there. I want to catch some stripers! I’m hearing that they are in the Delaware River around now and chasing the shad up. I heard cut baits like blue gill, bunker, trout amongst other things like clams and squid are go-to’s. Can anyone chime in and give some advice ? Plan to get out on the water this upcoming weekend. (Just left Merrill creek about an hr ago and struck out lol.)

Thanks for any advice that anyone can bring I grately appreciate it.