NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Why do you fish????
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2024, 05:02 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Default Re: Why do you fish????

Quote:
Originally Posted by dales529 View Post
Key word Duff being OPPORTUNITY! My complaints are not as much about bag and size (which are still Valid complaints as I think they are headed in the wrong direction on fluke and SB ) MY main concern is about opportunity as if you let this keep going on the current path the opportunity will be gone.

To me pushing for the longest seasons is what keeps the opportunity in the mix, the day we agree to shorter seasons regardless of bag / size the shorter seasons become the norm and then they can still reduce bag / add size. Then what? 2 months on the water.

If they ever shut down a fishery to rebuild it you think we get the opportunity back if the stock rebuilds ? How many years?

Just want the ability to fish more days that not.
Oh boy... Back to regulations right where Duffy wanted this to go

BTW I'm with you Dales... Longer seasons = more opportunities and days you at least have SOMETHING to fish for.

As far as why people bitch about the regulations... In spite of their best efforts and science, the regulations, which is how they manage our fisheries, don't seem to be working out for the fish or the fishermen.

Sorry Duffy.... How bout them Bruins

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area