NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Round Valley 3/27
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 05:51 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Round Valley 3/27

Went out to RVR today in the main park to get away from the crowds at the boatramp. Essentially had the back of Rangers Cove to myself other than a guy who walked around casting a Rapala who left as quickly as he arrived.

Was using M&M's today on 2 rods and managed a nice 20" brown. Took some pics and then threw him back.

As I was getting ready to leave a HUGE trout showed up, well over 30". I think it was a Tiger-trout, it was really dark on top and the markings on it looked like a calico cat which was pretty cool in the quick flash I saw of it. I bumped in the RVTA Trophy-stocking committee chair at the Quickcheck this morning and he told me that put some 10+ LBS fish in yesterday so maybe that was one of them. I threw what I had handy (2" grub) at it and it had a look but it wasn't taking. I changed to a pins minnow and managed scared the crap out of it and it took off and ran into the line on one of my M&M's and nearly pulled that other rod into the water.

Was out there for 4 hours, not really spring weather by an stretch but I was layered up and had a great body of water to myself.