NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Delaware River of Death - Number 4!
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 03:06 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Delaware River of Death - Number 4!

I wanted to post a heads-up to anyone fishing the Delaware River that thes high waters this summer have made the river more dangerous than usual.
TWO people have drowned this week in the Delaware River.
That makes four this summer. This one is actually the second drowning in Worthington State Forest this summer.

Here's the article from NJ.com:
http://www.nj.com/warrenreporter/ind..._river_default

I have stopped fishing Worthington State Forest in the summer because the massive crowds of inner-city people make fishing nearly impossible. I'm not sure, but I think the Park Police may have closed the canoe launch by Route 80 after the last drowning a couple of weeks ago.

When I drove through the parking lot, it appeared the police were blocking off sections of parking and the boat launch in a desperate attempt to control the overcrowding. I'm not sure because the area was too crowded to approach and there was no where to park so I could walk over to see. Just insanity.

Anyway, this whole event reminds me of a joke I heard:

There were two rednecks fishing for catfish on the banks of the Delaware River.

A guy from New York City is thrashing around in the water screaming, "I can't swim! I can't swim!"

One redneck looked at the other and said, "Well, I can't play piano. You don't see me hollering about it.".

Last edited by Eskimo; 08-14-2013 at 08:52 PM..