NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - GAMBLER Benifit Trip for Elena
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 10:16 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Re: GAMBLER Benifit Trip for Elena

Folks,
I’m not quite sure where to begin. Uncle Sam prepared me for allot of things, but this really wasn’t one of the lessons they passed along in the skill set. On behalf of the Jenkins Family, I would like to thank everyone for their generosity, their time and their patience. Our thanks go out to all the folks who joined us for the trip as well as those “behind the scenes folks”.

First, a thanks to Captain Bob and the Bogan Clan (Mary Ann, Lee Ann, Andrew and Andrew Jr.) for dreaming this trip up, coordinating logistics and bringing it to fruition.

Also, a big thanks to the Gambler Crew, (Greg, Morgan, Kevin and Ross) for dealing with the Muppets, Horned Pollack and Ravens that made up a good part of our by-catch, all the while showing us a good time. Also thanks to Ryan W. who is out at school yet passed along a donation.

I would be remiss if I did not send a special “thank you” to our Mess Cook, Tom, who stepped up to the plate when our volunteer chefs succumbed to the motion of the ocean. Thank you for sweating it out over the dogs and cheese steaks. They were on par with any we have had on land, anywhere.
Mom, the chili was a hit, both slathered on dogs and solo.
We also need to thank:
Kevin Bogan of Kevin’s Custom Rods
Marc Bennett, AKA “Quanman “ and his Crew
“Italian Fisherman”
Ray Neglia
Ray Conte
Gregg Smith AKA “mahigold”of Rella’s Italian Tavern
Marc Hyrcak of Reel Action Charters
Rich and Michelle Kostyu of MR Charters
Chris Gatley of Ardent Angler Charters
Gerry Zagorski of njfishing.com
Jeff AKA “SHIRTGUY” of GRAFX Printing
Jerry Melia of the Old Man’s Tackle Box
Jersey Jay of Jersey Jay’s Tackle
Retax Steve Irwin of Irwin’s Law Firm
Local IBEW 164 Retirees
The Hi-Mar Striper Club
“Ahab123”
sportfishingusa
Rob and the rest of the Guys at East Franklin Volunteer Fire Department
Steve, AKA “stevelikestofish”
Slammer and his Crew
Chuck and Gina King
Pat and Aaron Sherburne of Choo Choo R Snacks
Ed Huss, Skippy and Sal
My oldest friends, the Matri Family
The Guys at Work- Tim L., Matt S., Tony G. and Eric P.
Dave Arbeitman, AKA “Dave A” and John Vafiadis , AKA “Fluke Jigger” of the Reel Seat
Bob Caracozzo
The Folks at Baldanza’s Bakery
Our Volunteer Cooks Tommy and Dave (Even though he was seasick, Tommy fessed’ up and said he may have found his new hobby).

Despite the fish choosing not to cooperate and the wind and seas kicking up just a bit around 9AM, this may have been one of the most enjoyable fishing trips I have had the pleasure of being part of. Thanks again to one and all. Fair winds and following seas.

Forever grateful,
Panga Rob