NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - 2014 Fluke Regulations
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 10:29 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: 2014 Fluke Regulations

I have learned a little bit more about the process of setting regulations for this year. I thought that the 4 fish at 18" was set in stone and the NJMFC would only have to set dates for the season. However, the 4 fish at 18" with a 128 day season is only one of a number of proposals that could become law. I still think that it is the most likely one that will be eventually adopted. However, the way it works is that our region which consist of New Jersey, New York and Conneticut are assigned a quota. Each state has target quota but the states must work together to develop regulations that collectively will not be projected to exceed the regional quota. Right now all three states are working together to do this. The size and bag limits must be the same for each state. However, the states might agree on somehting other than 4 fish at 18" with a 128 day season. As examples they might agree to a 17 1/2" fish with a much shorter season or an 18 1/2" fish with a much longer season. Anyway it is good that they are now working together and we will just have to see what happens during the next couple of weeks. I will keep you posted.

Paul Haertel
President, JCAA