NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - 3/21 Fishermans Ralley Report
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 10:33 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default 3/21 Fishermans Ralley Report

Matt and I attended the "Keep The Fisherman Fishing" ralley in Wash DC along with many others from Maine to Fla and NJ to Alaska.

The crowd was only about 1/3 of what we had 2 years ago, very disapointing. Many of us make a good living from our Oceans and Bays and many enjoy the recreation, where were they?

The Politicians who spoke ...claimed to be on our side, voices from both sides of the isle touting Bi-partisan support, what we heard 2 years ago. To date NO ACTION!

With 22 states bordering the Atlantic, the Pacific and the Gulf and all having a Fishing industry, both Commercial and Recreational, that would give more than enough support in the Senate and House of Representitives to take the needed action. I don't know what the answer is but I am tired of banging my head on the wall.

Thank you Tony for putting the buses together and all the work that went into it, thank you Capt Ron for keeping heard on our Atlantic Highlands group. Big thank you to Pete from Atlantic Tackle for all his support, refreshments and support in his shop for those that attended.

I would like to thank the Belford Commercial Fisherman (where I have my roots) for a large turnout and filling our bus.

A high thank you for all that attended, taking time away from your jobs, business and families.

I hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but I can't see it. As Pogo said "we have met the enemy, and he is us!

Last edited by CaptBob; 03-21-2012 at 10:59 PM..