NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - River Muskie and a River Rescue
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2023, 10:29 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default River Muskie and a River Rescue

Took off work Thursday and headed down to the river for a Muskie hunt. Got on the water mid morning and connected with a nice fish shortly after. Got her released back in the water and I hear someone yelling. I yell back and I see a guy standing on the bank hollering about some kids overturned in a canoe upriver and one is possibly injured. I scoop him up and shoot up river to find a canoe group and a couple had gotten into a fallen tree and overturned. One girl hurt her knee pretty bad and the others were freezing cold. We got them in the boat, back to the ramp and warmed up in a truck before heading to get her leg look at. I got back out and saw a guy in a kayak having some electrical issues with his trolling motor. I’ve been there before, so I offer to tow him back to the ramp and told him to hop in and we did some walleye fishing. Caught one short and missed a few others. Shared some fishing stories and tips. Crazy day on the river!! The Delaware never disappoints!