NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Special eye glasses
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 09:36 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Special eye glasses

Hey man!
I do the eyeglass thing as well so maybe I can give a small amount of direction.
Years back I made a pair of shooting glasses for my father in law. They had a flat top 28 style bifocal (D shaped) ground upside down in the top part of one lens (his dominant eye) so he could sight down range with the bulk of the lens and then with a slight downward tilt of his head see the sights clearly at arms length. Tricky part is you have to be VERY specific with your Optometrist as to the working distance you desire ( distance to the object you wish to see). Another way of accomplishing this is to buy a good quality set of frames that come with a sunglass clip on. Your distance Rx will be mounted into the frame then a clear lens with the bifocal will be mounted into the clip on as described above. This is a more costly route but the glasses can be worn normally by removing the clip.
There of course will be as many opinions as there are Opticians so stop at a couple places and ask for ideas. Eyes On First would be a good choice given its location close to fishing Mecca. No doubt she will have some great suggestions as well.
Good luck!