NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Anyone fishing this weekend?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 01:26 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Anyone fishing this weekend?

Happy new year boys! I work for a major broadcasting company so I've been swamped so far this year and haven't been able to get out for my first outing of 2018. I FINALLY have a weekend off this upcoming weekend, so I'm looking to rip some lips on Saturday!

That being said, I'm not too sure what I'm going to do yet. I've never ice fished before and have no ice fishing gear, but I've always wanted to give it a try. At the same time, with this random heat wave, will the ice still be safe by Saturday?

Alternatively, does anyone know of a spot that still has some open water? Most of my local Hunterdon county spots are still mostly frozen over. I'm pretty much willing to drive anywhere in the state.

If anyone wants to meet up and do some fishing I think that'd be a fun way to start the year! Since joining the site last year I've yet to meet any of you guys in person.

Let me know! Hope everyone has a happy, healthy and safe new year, full of ripped lips. Tight lines!