NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Ssfff To Challenge Mrfss Landings Data
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 06:16 PM
Banned

Default Re: Ssfff To Challenge Mrfss Landings Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by dales529
You are entitled to your opinion. Having said that your quote is almost a THANK YOU because this is EXACTLY the issue SSFFF and RFA are fighting against:

YOU STATE:
Maybe 1.4million anglers as that is the last thing I remember (maybe , maybe not)
Using 10% of anglers because YOU ALONE caught X amt Keepers (maybe u did , maybe u didnt)
I would have caught more IF I followed the flounder into the ocean.
(yes, I myself would have caught more if I fished more, didnt ever go to work, didnt visit my kids at college, went flounder fishing instead of bass fishing, didnt sleep late, didnt eat fried foods, didnt smoke, got more exercise,etc etc)

Are you kidding? This another example of the "FLAWED" Data that is the rule NOT the exception. Who I ask is OUT OF TOUCH?

WTF is this nonsense at a time when UNITY, FACTS and SCIENCE are so Important.
Not maybe did I catch a 100 keepers, I did catch a 100 keepers and documented them, all of them with pictures on my blog. Check for yourself. The 1.4 million NJ angler estimate was from a federal government survey that I read . I did not see the`1.2 million estimate that Tony quoted. !0% of anglers catching 100 keeper flounder during the 2009 season is a conservative estimate from my experience and research. Using this information how many pounds of flounder did 10% of NJ anglers catch?

Maybe it is good news? Maybe it is not? I can assure you of one thing it is good information!!