NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - I need a rod painted.
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 07:57 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: I need a rod painted.

Sorry for the late reply. Just saw the topic. Yes we paint blanks all of the time. I know Kevin Bogan does it as well. I am taking a guess but I would think Mike at Garones can do it too.

It's not hard but it's something that requires experience, otherwise it will crack and show signs of water damage under the paint. You need the right mix for the action of the rod.
Which brings up another topic..... it may change the action of the blank just a bit if it's too light of a rod. Not the case 95% of the time..... but it can happen on light stuff, depending on the blank material. Kevin or myself can do it for sure. I have one I built 18 yes ago t hat looks like the day it was first done. No yellowing no cracks.

If you have not done it by now, Call Kevin or call our place.
( Tony and I have both been building for decades. Lately I have taken over the lures and he does the rods . But we both have experience in different methods and styles ).

Thanks for the recommendation guys.