NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Lab Memorial - Puosu Vi
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 01:28 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: PUOSU Final Reschedule Sunday 1/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Zagorski
Not that I will be competing with you all for the crown since I did not qualify, but just be forwarned I got an uexpected Xmas present that if I were, you'd all be in trouble. A brand new Fish Poison Tog Rod...

A little back story. We were out fishing with some guests on our boat and one of my buds was using my Custom Kevin Bogan Striper rod and the tip snapped when he locked up the spool trying to get it off a snag. Chaulked it up to operator error and called Kevin to see if he could cut down the tip and salvage the rod.

Much to my surprise Kevin said he could do that for free, or I could throw $60 at it and get a brand new Tog Stick with my choice of color for the wraps. Needless to say I was thrilled and Kevin delivered as promised.

It's times like this that reinforce my decision to shop local small businesses.

Can't wait to try it out. Had it wrapped gold and blue to match my new Avet SXJ...

Bad move on Kevin's part. He may have to retract his "guaranteed to catch big fish!" statement now that Gerry owns one.

Last edited by kurtisb; 12-24-2013 at 05:29 PM..