NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - New Long Branch Fishing Pier
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2024, 08:25 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: New Long Branch Fishing Pier

Quote:
Originally Posted by duranautic al View Post
sorry bulletbob...you are 100 percent wrong on this one..a fisherman did NOT have to be at the end of the pier in a corner to catch ling/whiting...once again your pessimism has overridden your memory
Ok, the sides were terrific... All the guys crowded the end of the pier, especially the northeast corner just for the companionship...

Look I was there. I lived not far from the pier in the early 80's...

it was long ago but my memory isn't that bad yet.. the guys at the sides of the pier never saw the numbers the guys fishing the end saw, especially the NE corner which was THE hot spot... There were fish there along the sides, but the majority of the fish were caught on on a fairly long cast off the end , and it was always like that..
The end was ALWAYS crowded, and most guys typically fished along the sides only if they could not find a spot on the end of the pier. Why even bother fishing the sides??.. You might as well just fish off the jetty the was right along side the pier on the north side, and save the entrance fee...