NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Funny Fishing Stories
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2024, 06:06 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Funny Fishing Stories

Soo Many but a few below:
1) Fishing the deep blue on a private 55 Ocean trolling during the day was slow so I took a sun nap in the fighting chair. Capt, mate and my "friends" chose to put a 5 gallon bucket on a 50W in the chair. Naturally I woke up to a screaming reel only to fight a bucket for 20 minutes. Knew it wasnt a tuna but maybe a thresher but alas a bucket. Capt even backed down on it LOL.

2) Night Bluefishing and lets say "brian" had too much cooler time! Boat catching fish on bunker chunks fed into the slick letting line out. Everyone but Brian catching. We and the mates knew his bait was stuck solid on the side of the boat near the bow above the water line. We all let him and told him to pay out more line. He wasnt in the mode to check or change baits so this went on for hours with his frustration growing! Lots of laughs

3) Every trip with Shrimpman Steve and Lefty Reeler. What happens on those trips stays on those trips but they are funny guys!