NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Why do you fish????
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2024, 10:54 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Why do you fish????

It's fun! My earliest memories are fishing with my Grandma Lena off our seawall in Key West for lunch when I was three or four. I have always fished. I'm hard wired for it like it's in my genetic make up. Fishing is one of the few things that I'm good at. Fish was and is still a large part of our diet but now I can be more selective in what I keep. I enjoy the process from getting ready to cleaning up.
The puzzle solving aspect of fishing has always drawn me to the water. The feeling that you get when all the pieces come together. When you feel that tap tap on your line, that jig gets stopped, or that freight train runoff gets your adrenaline pumping. It's the greatest rush that you can experiance legally .
I fish with my Friends and Family. We have fun and bond. The more experienced pass down the knowledge to the younger/less experianced. Watching/helping others fish in itself can be so fulfilling. The excitement of a child as they fight and land their first fish and their smiles to me are enough to keep coming back.
Some of coolest things that I have ever seen has been while I was fishing. Nature is so cool. Sun up on a lake, Sun down out the stern window heading offshore. Gannets diving, Eagles soaring, Ospreys catching Bunker and flying back to their nests are all part of fishing.

Last edited by Ol Pedro; 01-28-2024 at 11:01 AM..