NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - What's Going On With Our Fisheries?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2024, 08:54 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: What's Going On With Our Fisheries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dales529 View Post
I have been an advocate with many fishing groups over my years on this site that included members from both sides of any / all aisles politically, running many fundraising trips for recreational fishing rights, veterans groups etc.

Since MSA was introduced in 1986 we have had Regan, Bush 1, Clinton , Bush 2. Obama , Trump and now Biden so exactly what party is at fault for fishing regulatory issues as each had a chance to adjust it or fix it.??

Left /right / trolls LOL has very little to do with recreational fishery management.

I could argue Freedoms and rights which you stated but seems either /both parties are restricting our democracy daily either outright through the supreme court or under the guise of states law. Pick your poison but sorry there isnt a clear choice going forward. Albeit the above has little to do again with recreational fishing.

Lastly if you believe for one second that overturning the Chevron Deference would have any positive effect on recreational fishing I hope but doubt that you may do more research albeit hard since all information is corrupt or subject to those massive "trolls" we all had as kids!
"I could argue Freedoms and rights which you stated but seems either /both parties are restricting our democracy daily either outright through the supreme court or under the guise of states law. Pick your poison but sorry there isnt a clear choice going forward. Albeit the above has little to do again with recreational fishing."

Let me expand a bit because I do agree with some of your points but feel you are missing some of the bigger picture. Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush II, Obama, Trump and Biden have all helped to create the problems we have today, specifically a compounding Gov. problem that is not going to end well.
I am not going to go into economics because I have been studying economics for the last 33 years as it is a requirement of my job and the vast majority of people in this country are economically illiterate. That does not make then bad people at all as I am illiterate in the areas medicine, engineering, etc. But I am educated enough not to post on subjects that I am not extremely well versed in and can back up my findings.
How does the Chevron Deference affect recreational fishing if overturned? In the short term not one bit. But the only way to get some sanity back in this country is to reduce the power that the govt. has over individual states and their citizens. This country is a Constitution Republic and NOT a democracy and this is where most people have been deceived by the media. By overturning "Chevron Deference" this is going to start the long process of giving power back to the states and just as important to Congress and not un-elected bureaucrats. Make no mistake, if "Chevron Deference" is overturned this open up more lawsuits against govt. agencies that have created incredible burdens on many different industries. This will give power back to the states to make decisions that are in the best interest of those citizens that elect their Congressmen and Senators to represent them. Can this be done yes, but I am not optimistic as there is just too much corruption that has been embedded in our represented leaders including our education system. I don't worry for myself as retirement is not far off for me and I will be positioned financially to benefit from the inevitable but I worry a great deal for people that don't understand what is happening.
I have been at NMFS meetings and it is so blatantly obvious they do not have a care in the world for the recreational fisherman even when we challenge flawed science so maybe ask yourself, WHY? Power and govt. control, which makes you think which culture of people in this world have benefited from govt. power and control except those in control.
This is my last post as I should have known not to approach this subject but I guess I am just one person who refuses to be silent anymore.
Trolls go at it, but I will not waste anymore of my time debating with people who are blind to the obvious. Shame on me for even posting!