NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - NJ Holdovers
Thread: NJ Holdovers
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 10:29 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: NJ Holdovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALK11 View Post
I think the people that say there are no holdovers are talking about the majority of waters and the majority of fish. It's stupid to say that zero trout have survived the summer anywhere in the state. However, saying there are no holdover trout is accurate as a figure of speech. Most waters don't allow for holdover trout to survive and the ones that do have extremely small populations. You seem to have found the exception to the rule.
I agree with you there are definitely a lot of places they cant holdover/holdover in small numbers. But i also think there are more places they can holdover in than people realize!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmyorke1 View Post
id have to agree with them that the MAJORITY of trout dont holdover. but there's still a surprising amount that do, and especially surprising in non-trout waters.

The perseverance that trout have, and the mystery of where they are, really makes wild/holdover trout fishing incomparably fun.
Yeah thats what I'm saying, a lot more holdover than people realize. Love searching for them!