NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - COLD WEATHER - Nitrile Gloves & Hand warmers
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 07:23 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: COLD WEATHER - Nitrile Gloves & Hand warmers

I have settled on a pair of commercial,type PVC gloves that are lined with a synthetic fleece that does not readily absorb water and your hand moves in and out even when wet . Keep dry wipe rag attached to my tackle bag .
I keep a pair of JonE giant Hand warmers in my jacket pockets , shuck one glove to bait up , dry hand with rag attached to my TB then slip,back in glove .
If I Feel fingers getting cold use hand warmers to,take off chill .
I don't worry about feeling bite with exposed fingers use fast taper graphite rods that deliver the bite feel pretty well !
I fish a tight line and the rod does the rest . If ur a tog fisherman and a slack line watcher then use same approach , for this application I use hi vis line . However I believe ur rod taper has a lot to do with how u can fish successfully with gloves.
I used to have a good pair of WP mittens with slots that would allow hand use w/o removal but wore thos out and coudnt find another pair , they were great keeping ur hands warm , better than gloves .
This weather were fishing in now u need to prepare n dress properly it can be dangerous .