NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Tog leader?
Thread: Tog leader?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2016, 05:52 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Re: Tog leader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtisb View Post
I use 80 pound top shot and snell all day and everyday. Tog are not leader shy. Some people use light line to "get the bite", but I think it so they can feel the bite.

It works for me, but maybe not everyone. One advantage of 80 # is not losing many rigs. It is strong enough to flip over the rock you're stuck under without breaking off. I watch the 40# guys lose a dozen rigs in a day when I don't lose a single one.

I get out fished a lot, but it's usually by someone that has been at it a lot longer than I have been, or that guy that has the magic spot on the boat and catches most of the fish that day. Most days I do as well as the light line guys and sometimes better.

I've lost too many big fish with 40, 50 or 60 to go back. I haven't broken off a fish in two years using 80.
Hi Kurt, as someone who's new to the game. Do you mind me asking what brand mono do you use for your leader and how long is your snelled leader. Thanks