NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Surf reel opinions please
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 09:16 AM
Owner NJFishing.com

Default Re: Surf reel opinions please

Not sure what your budget is but if it's under $200 I'd be looking into the Shimano Bait Runner D series.

The bait runner feature is nice if you sometimes like to put your rod in a spike and bait fish.

A plus for the surf is they have a sealed drag system are silky smooth compared to the older bait runner but they are on the heavier side.

Another Shimano to look into is the Stradic CI4 plus series they are in the low to mid $200 range. My brother has been fishing one for Fluke this year and loves it so far..... It too has a sealed drag system, is much lighter then the bait runner series but does not have the bait runner feature.

If you are looking for super light I would give it a look but you'd probably want to pair it with a very light rod to balance it correctly. The Bait Runner might be a better balance for your Bogan Rod.

If you are married to your rod, make sure to take it with you and see how the reels you are considering balances with it. Very important if you are going to be casting and carrying it down the beach.

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area

Last edited by Gerry Zagorski; 08-11-2016 at 09:31 AM..