NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Who introduced you to fishing?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 01:25 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Who introduced you to fishing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Zagorski View Post
Inish - great story. Mine is very similar... Dad worked a lot but luckily I had an Uncle and the Grandfather of a childhood friend who would take us. Made my first trip on a party boat in my late teens. A night Bluefish trip on the Cock Robin and I was hooked. Got my first boat in my early 30s and learned a lot from the old salts down at the dock.

This reminds me that people like you and I need to do our part to pass on the love of this great sport to kids. This sport of ours is something that stays with you for life.. It helps put smiles on faces, takes your mind off of the daily grind and affords us all an opportunity to catch up with old friends and make some new ones too.

Love my time out on the water and would not trade it for anything. It's threapy for me and certainly beats spending money laying on a couch talking to a Shrink.

I also met a lot of great people here, in fact some life long friends. I learned a lot too and that my friend is what this site was intended for.

It's posts like this that make me proud to be associated with the great community of people we have here. NJ's finest!
Gerry, you are right. People like the baymen from Long Beach Island are gone now. When i was 21 I blew out my knee. My Mom took me to Beach Haven and brought me to Morrison's. There they were, a bit older but still around. They said they remembered us but it did not matter. I fished that day with a leg in a brace and cruches. They helped me take the fish off and an unfortunate sea gull who got tangled with me. I'll never for get that.

When on a boat I will help anyone who needs it. Because I remember the baymen who helped me. And once on the CAIII on a blackfish trip, I helped an older fellow who was new to blackfish. I gave him some tips and showed him how to get the crab to stay on. He caught his first keeper. I said to myself at the time, that was for the baymen........

Mom, I love you so much and I will never stop missing you.