NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - 2014 Fluke Regulations
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 12:12 PM
Banned

Default Re: 2014 Fluke Regulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfish View Post
Should do an OPRA, open public records request, to document all the New Jersey fisherman's comments of opposition to regionalization of the Summer Flounder regulations. This would at least make a statement that AMFSC does not represent our considerations. What outcome would you expect when in todays Asbury Park Press stated as follows:
“Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), who has been strongly advocating a change in fishery laws to give his constituents more fish to catch, is evidently also hearing concerns from stakeholders in other states about the problem of overfishing. In a letter sent to the ASMFC on the eve of the decision, Schumer wrote: “I would like to take this opportunity to assure the Commission that I will be a fierce advocate on behalf of all States to make sure that the 2014 experiment with regional management is a success, particularly with respect to any future consequences regarding harvest penalties.”
So Schumer says ““I would like to take this opportunity to assure the Commission that I will be a fierce advocate on behalf of all States”

?????????? Political bullshit! Now this was written before todays decision, but it appears he already knew “regionalization” would be approved. So where is NJ Senator Menendez (D) and Senator Booker (D) representing our interests? ...enough said...lets share, “redistribute the wealth”
Spread what wealth? You people in NJ keep banging this same drum of you should have more quota, well that isn't true.

Now if you want to fight with other fisherman and play the I want what I want card, you go right ahead.

NY has more people within the city and long island than NJ and you people in NJ always say we have more people, that is BULLSHIT.

NY has more money than you in NJ, NY has way more people than NJ will ever have, and we have more fishermen, than NJ will ever have.

You need to pull your heads out of your butts, because if we don't start working together, we are going to get a royal screwing in the future.

NJ population 8.865 million (2012)

Population of NYC including the Long Island is around 12 million.

Enough said...