NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Njf Ice Meet-n-greet 1/11-1/12
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 07:34 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: save the date njf'ers

Ok. I've been following this madness and now I think it's got me. I've wanted to ice fish since I was twelve (Grumpy Old Men premiered that year) and I would like to hit up a meet n greet. Practicality clearly points out that I should combine the two! Though I have no ice fishing experience whatsoever, I am versed in dealing with the cold, love fishing, and would like to meet you nutballs! I can bring a small generator, portable propane grill, hot dogs, crockpot containing a roast, possibly some firewood, a few beers, and my sense of humor. On the no gots list is an auger, though from what I read there should be plenty o holes. I gotta squirrel away some bucks, but my trusy pencil and paper here tell me I can do it. I plan on bringing a light spinning rod since it's the only rod I have that'll work, unless I should bring my surf rod for a photo-op . I know I gotta spool up with braid and get some flouro for leaders, and I plan on usin' jigs and shiners, but advice on appropriate hooks and jigging options would be appreciated! I'll say I'm 90% on this, just gotta make the numbers work and find the little miss a ride to work. And if I can't, well maybe I'll just pull my lip over my head and swallow! I'll let you guys know as soon as I can!!