NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - How Did You Get Into Fishing?
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 07:36 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: How Did You Get Into Fishing?

My family had a house in Belmar, started fishing the jetty's when I was 5 with an older brother, than started fishing with an uncle in his 16 foot Winner w/a 35 johnson, boy could he catch fluke. His only problem was he didn't like eating fish, problem solved he took the fish home put them on his front lawn and all the neighbors enjoyed, but they would all bring him Fresh Italian from their kitchens.
During the summer of 1961 neighbors invited me to go 1/2 day fluking on the Sea Sawn from Belmar, I have been hooked ever since. The captain and his brothers continue to fish with me 40+ years later on my boat. I did spend the next 9 summers mating on the party and charter boats from Belmar.
Sea Swan, Capt. Bill Van, Ranger, Bluefin, Ol'Salty II (Bob Pisano), Shy Poke, Gertrude H, and then bought my first boat, now 8 boats later I continue to enjoy the sports. Both the boating and fishing,
When I finished college, I had a decision get my ticket and fish for a living or go into the family business, and relax and enjoy my hobby. To this day I'm happy with my decision.