NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Tons of Sharks in the Shrewsbury River???
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 11:06 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Tons of Sharks in the Shrewsbury River???

Just downloaded the photo - Take a look at the area I circled in RED. Tell me that doesn't look exactly like a shark fin! It was SO WEIRD! Sometimes there would be just one wing sticking up and just gliding along - sometimes they would hold both wing tips up and cruise the surface. Looked like a pair of sharks swimming side by side. Never saw that before - I always pictured the rays being more of a bottom dweller due to their anatomy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cownose Ray Shark.jpg
Views:	1494
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	61610

I'll tell you one thing for certain - after seeing this photo my 10 year old daughter will NEVER swim, tube, water ski or jump into these waters again as long as she lives! Can you even imagine a little kid swimming in the river and looking over to see what looks like a pretty decent sized SHARK swimming nearby???? Holy crow - that would cure me too of ever swimming there. So I just tried telling her it wasn't a shark - it was a cownose ray. To which she replied, "Isn't that what KILLED the Crocodile Guy?" Great.