NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - cut next year's summer flounder catch by 10 percent
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Site Sponsor

Default Re: cut next year's summer flounder catch by 10 percent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder
I said it as soon as I saw you guys give up 3 fish for a 1/2 reduction and longer season... Welcome to the Hell that we in NY have suffered for over 5 years...

Never give up your creel limit, thats like giving up your life line, there is no one to blame now but yourselves for thinking you could get back from these scumbag *******s that are the regulators.
Precisely. Could not have said it better (actually, I did say it on this very board months ago before Fluke started, but few were listening)

The quota was already cut for the year we are still fishing in and we said there was not enough quota to do what people wanted.

Nevermind, I am tired of spending inordinate amounts of time dealing with fisheries issues only to be told by people who never read a piece of paper, went to a meeting or looked something up on line that they know best and I should stay out of it because I am "one of those Bogans"

Next time listen to those that have been doing this shit (fisheries management, not just fishing) for 20+ years.

PS - Not saying NJ's regs are the reason for the cut, only that the geniuses that wanted to drop the bag limit and shorten the season to drop a shitty half inch now have nowhere to go but DOWN, DOWN DOWN and we start from a much worse position.

Everyone pray the roulette wheel known as MRIP does not come up with NJ's color this year and we may skate by, there is always the chance that MRIP won't come close to what we actually catch (and hopefully lower, not higher)

Last edited by CaptTB; 09-02-2012 at 10:31 AM..