NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Looks Like Fluke Option 5 Passed
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 01:50 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Looks Like Fluke Option 5 Passed

This year I will conduct an experiment. Every fluke trip I work (not sure how many that will be) I will write down the number of 17.5-18 inch keepers I measure (Just me, not the other deckhands). I will also write down how many people deck 6 fish over 18 inches in one trip (or even two trips on the same day). After I am done working fluke for the year I will post up the numbers and we can all compare.

I invite other people to do the same thing. Keep track of how many trips each summer you catch more than 5 fluke over 18 inches versus how many times each summer you catch a 17.5 inch fish (catch and could keep, not release and cull because you're looking for that 15 lber) and how many times you realistically would have gone fluking in those 3 weeks that the season would have been open under option 2. I'm not saying that I am certain 5 will be better for us, I'm actually quite interested to see how this turns out keepers wise. I'm sure 2 would have worked better for some people like TNT. I'm interested in whether 2 would have worked better for the majority of people.

I commend the SSFFF and RFA for fighting for us and will continue to donate. They get us the pounds, WE, not some big monstrous government agency, decides how it's used through public comment (we don't have total control, but as evidenced by the meeting on thursday, public comment matters)