NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - I finally got the BIG one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 07:24 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default I finally got the BIG one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well here it goes. I fished the striper thon on saturday and the fishing was a little slow. I did win the custom rod and a free trip with capt. Fran, but my luck had not run out yet. I got home, spent an hour with my wife and decided to hit the river for the evening bite. Got down there, showed off my new rod, and into the water I went. I forgot my vest being that I was in saltwater mode all day, I borrowed a hook some splitshots and jumped in. with 45 minutes to fish before dark I was doing ok landing 4 stockies. I was just about done due to light issues when all of a sudden I get SLAMMED! with only two other peeps in the water, I look over to kevin and say I think I have a big one. He looks over and sees my micro light bent and the line peeling off at an alarming rate. He and Teddy reel up as to get out of my way (thanks guys)! and it was game on. the fish gave me three runs of a lifetime, and then it was time to start chasing him up river. after a 15 minute fight in the fading light and some coaching from Kevin, who walked with me during the fight, my fish of a lifetime hit the net!

the fish weighed between 8 and 9 pounds, I thought I just pulled a salmon out of the ramapo! What a way to end a great day! I'll be back at it in an hour! almost 26 inches and on TWO pound test.

Finally, the one that didn't get away!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1787.JPG
Views:	788
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	34209   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1786.JPG
Views:	702
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	34211  

Last edited by shrimpman steve; 05-01-2011 at 07:35 AM..