NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   NJFishing.com Boating (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   time to take the plunge?.....advice (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50875)

shrimpman steve 07-30-2012 11:41 AM

time to take the plunge?.....advice

1 Attachment(s)
Dirty c man and I are being offered what looks to be the deal of a lifetime. A 2004 19 foot Polar CC. with a 90 HP saltwater merc. for less than half of book value, with the trailer which is also in great shape. The boat is being sold for $9,500, but we can pick it up for $5,000 (with the trailer).

any polar owners out there with feedback? The reviews online were fantastic and the boat looks great. This would be my first ride and I think it is a perfect boat to learn on. My feeling is, how can you go wrong for $2,500 a piece to split a boat like this?

would love any advice. the pic is not the exact boat, but very close. The only difference is we don't have a t top, but it does have a new bimini.

JerseyCoast 07-30-2012 11:47 AM

Re: time to take the plunge?.....advice

My neighbor loves his! Same exact boat I believe..... For the price, dont think you can go wrong to be honest. Polar is a decent ride, from what I hear.

$5,000 today will buy you a boat that is usually 20 yrs old, so to find something this clean, this model, sounds like a good deal.

Just remember 1 thing........... BOAT translated: B-Break O-Out A-Another T- Thousand!!! :D

Good luck if you go ahead with it! If you dont want it, send me the info. My kid wants his own,,,,, :)

Reel Class 07-30-2012 11:59 AM

how many hours on the motor?

polars make a nice hull a 19' is a good starter boat so as long as its in good shape and you're getting your $$'s worth

shrimpman steve 07-30-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reel Class
how many hours on the motor?

polars make a nice hull a 19' is a good starter boat so as long as its in good shape and you're getting your $$'s worth

about 250 hours on the motor. The sale is pending a mechanic checking out the engine. The hull is in GREAT shape (as far as I can tell). If the engine checks out, I think I'm in

I can't see not getting my moneys worth at this price.

Michael82929 07-30-2012 12:06 PM

My buddy had a 23 polar - great boy - great ride..

For the price - I think its a great deal..

Only leery thing I thought when you posted... Cant stand Merc's

Everyone I know that has ever had one, always had issues with them...

Great river / bay boat - can hit the ocean on a flat day..

Good luck steve..

dales529 07-30-2012 12:06 PM

Where are you keeping it and what time should I be there. Nice timing getting DCM to pay his half when he cant fish for the rest of the season.
Momma didnt raise no fool!!

Reel Class 07-30-2012 12:08 PM

2 stroke/4 stroke motor? Out of warranty?

shrimpman steve 07-30-2012 12:15 PM

2 stroke oil injected, never thought about the warranty, but it is a 2005. I have to assume it is out of warranty. what is the typical warranty period for these things?

shrimpman steve 07-30-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dales529
Where are you keeping it and what time should I be there. Nice timing getting DCM to pay his half when he cant fish for the rest of the season.
Momma didnt raise no fool!!

May keep it right at my house and trailer it. I think I can also keep it at sports yard in point if I want, but will use it more in the bay, so that may not be good. We'll see. as far as when you should be there, I'll let you know!

vinntastic 07-30-2012 12:18 PM

I SEE A CAPTAIN SHRIMPMAN IN THE NEAR FUTURE:eek: WUTTTTTT!!!!!!GOOD LUCK IF YOU COMMIT...