NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   NJFishing.com Boating (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Favorite Dock and Dine and Crusing Destinations (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19139)

Gerry Zagorski 01-30-2010 01:05 PM

Favorite Dock and Dine and Crusing Destinations

Besides using my boat to fish, I also like to do some crusing as well as dock and dines.

Here is a list of my favorite boating destinations:
- Barnicle Bills Rumson. The best burgers and Long Island Ice Teas. Dock space is limited to 2 boats.
- Klein's in Belmar. Great seafood and best Garlic Crabs. Pleanty of dock space.
- Tices Shoal Barnegat Bay. A great place to anchor up and have some fun. A short walk over to the public beaches on Island Beach State Park, in my opinion one of the best beach areas in our state.
- On The Deck Altantic Highlands Municipal Marina.. Not sure if they have dock space but a fun place with an outdoor bar that overlooks the marina.
- Spermaceti Cove Sandy Hook Bay... A great place to beat the summer heat. Nudge your boat up on shore, get your beach chairs out and relax. You do have to watch your approach since there is a very large shoal in the middle of the bay. Make sure and consult your charts to avoid it.

hartattack 02-01-2010 03:48 PM

Re: Favorite Dock and Dine and Crusing Destinations

F Cove

http://www.f-cove.com/

joeya78 02-01-2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hartattack

That place is sick, enough to give some guys on here a HEARTATTACK:D

Last Call 02-01-2010 07:20 PM

#1 - On the Deck as I can walk off the boat and be there!

#2 - Barnacle Bill's

#3 - Windansea

#4 - My slip on Frank's Pier at the Marina works well!

missbelmar 02-01-2010 09:00 PM

1) McLoone's, Seabrite- make a hell of a Rum Runner
2) Sallee Tees ( next to Channel Club) Momouth Beach - cant get any better than Nick's menu and sandwiches
3) Patio Bar, Point Pleasant Beach - usually has good scenery if u follow me.:D
4) Treasure Island Manasquan River - Cant beat water skiing around it @ 5:30 am and lunch on it.

joeya78 02-02-2010 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missbelmar
1) McLoone's, Seabrite- make a hell of a Rum Runner
2) Sallee Tees ( next to Channel Club) Momouth Beach - cant get any better than Nick's menu and sandwiches
3) Patio Bar, Point Pleasant Beach - usually has good scenery if u follow me.:D
4) Treasure Island Manasquan River - Cant beat water skiing around it @ 5:30 am and lunch on it.

I have to agree about sall tee's and I could walk there from my boats

Sharkyispy 02-04-2010 05:16 AM

Barnegat Bay-

Martell's waters edge- has 20 mooring bouys for boats-shuttle to docks- great food and entertainment

Pier 1- under new management now- north of 37 bridge- inlet is off of bay channel

Tice's shoal use to have a boat that would anchor up and sell food to the crowd

dreamon 02-04-2010 08:22 AM

I don't know is they have docking or not but I was told by a local that the place next to Barnicle Bills has a lot better food. I do know that the quality of the burgers in Bills went down in the last few years. I believe he said the place was between Bills and the bridge, not sure. :D

giantfan 02-04-2010 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamon
I don't know is they have docking or not but I was told by a local that the place next to Barnicle Bills has a lot better food. I do know that the quality of the burgers in Bills went down in the last few years. I believe he said the place was between Bills and the bridge, not sure. :D

That place is called The Salt Creek Grill. They do have one or two slips for dock and dine, but it can get a little skinny at low tide depending on your draft.

Gerry Zagorski 02-04-2010 09:26 AM

Yep - Salt Creek....Good food but very pricey IMO.