NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   NJFishing.com Classifieds (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   steel wreck anchors (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64731)

Papa's Angels 10-22-2013 11:59 AM

steel wreck anchors

2 Attachment(s)
I have made the 6 tine wreck anchors, the tines are 5/8's inch solid round bar and the shaft is made from 1" solid round bar, there is a steel ring on the top and one on the bottom for the reverse pull, weight of the anchor is 14 lbs, these anchors are well made and come fully painted and can be used repeatedly, feed back from anglers who have gotten them is that they grab the bottom much quicker then the 4 tine anchor, for those who fish the wrecks and rough bottom these are excellent anchors, anyone interested in one can reach me at 973-235-1045, thanks Joe.

beerbelly 10-26-2013 06:19 PM

Re: steel wreck anchors

can u make the tines out of 3/8 steel in stead of 5/8 in need them to bend

hammer4reel 10-26-2013 08:49 PM

anchors the way Joe is making them now work awesome.
and with a reverse pull and tyraps they come out very easy if wedged.
most times just pulling the boat up straight above them they come out without the tyraps breaking.

And they def grab alot faster than a 4 tine, and hold with a much shorter scope

beerbelly 10-26-2013 09:25 PM

any idea how much they r?

SaltLife1980 12-03-2013 09:45 PM

Capt Joe makes the best wreck anchors out there!!

giantfan 12-06-2013 06:14 AM

No doubt that these are the best wreck anchors out there!!!! They hold my 34' boat with no problem.

Not sure why you would want a smaller tine.... If you use the reverse pull and zip tie the chain to the top loop you should hardly ever bend the anchor.... and if by chance you do, a 3'0" piece of pipe will straighten it right out. I like the 5/8" tine as it adds weight to the anchor which in turn gets it to the bottom quicker.

Hey Joe! I need two more please! I guess my chain got wedged in the rocks the other day and I broke the rope :mad:

No rush at all as I am now out of the water and won't need them till spring. :(

Papa's Angels 01-14-2014 04:11 PM

ted thank you for your remarks regarding the wreck anchor sorry to get back to you at this later date I will have the anchors for you by spring once again thanks and happy new year.

giantfan 01-20-2014 12:57 PM

Thanks Joe, I'll see u at the marina.

dfish28 01-20-2014 01:41 PM

I got lucky one time on a wreck my anchor got gought up in some gear about 10-15' above the wreck, sat at zero scope banging away at small cod and ling, was about to throw in the towel and tie up a buoy to mark the spot and come back later to dive and get it, 1.5 hours in and great fishing it just let go, granted I'm sure it was caught on the tines , but my zip tie was too heavy to break... My point here is after talking with a few salts they also said to shackle up direct to the bottom with no chain only chafing gear like a piece of hose, because if your chain gets stuck your are lost. Just my .02

shrimpman steve 01-20-2014 10:02 PM

Love joes anchor.