NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Bald dudes weekend report (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60902)

Fish n Jeep 07-01-2013 09:33 AM

Bald dudes weekend report

Fished with Jigman13 aboard "Ol' Claw-Foot" on Rising Sun Lake in the Assunpink WMA on Saturday. I figured with a 2-week old baby, he needed a few hours of lure moistening. We got on the water at 6am, under overcast skies and a light breeze on the unusually clear and deep water for a small central Jersey pond. First fish was mine, a healthy 12"+ yellow perch on my confidence lure, a 3" silver flake curly tail grub on a 1/8 oz plain jighead. Jeremy then got a lmb on a white spinnerbait. It was a back and forth game between he & I all morning, throwing the box at 'em, hooking into well over a dozen small bass as they moved from the shallows out to deeper water when the sun came out and warmed things up. Mine were all ultimately caught on the grub, his between senkos, spinnerbaits & creature baits. Nothing picture worthy, but of all the boats on the lake we had the most action. Numbers-wise, that was my best day on this particular body of water.

AndyS 07-01-2013 11:00 AM

Re: Bald dudes weekend report

Cool report. Come North young men, come North.

Jigman13 07-01-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyS
Cool report. Come North young men, come North.

North where?!?!

I'm dying to hit the Passaic after reading all of these posts but Mother Nature seems to have diff plans.

Good fishing with you, Mark. Rising Sun is def an interesting spot with the clear water and depth. It forces you to adjust and fish deeper. Glad we managed some action.

GetANet 07-01-2013 05:39 PM

Nice report, Had some good days there (far and few between) caught a couple of nice bass out of that lake , that's my favorite of the three! By the way did you find my $20.00 sexy swimmer that was stuck in the tree???LOL

Jigman13 07-02-2013 08:12 AM

Lol... Didn't notice it, Dale. I'll be sure to keep an eye out if/when I go back!

Fish n Jeep 07-02-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigman13
North where?!?!

Pick a place, I'll drag the boat.

lunkertaker 07-02-2013 09:34 PM

Some of my best days have been on the Pink...Assunpink

numbers are high and quality sized fish are there, but timing is everything as this pond is hit hard. I have arrived there and 15-20 boats were ahead of me for some tournament...forget-a-bout-it... turned around and fished to the north:eek: Crappie, catfish and sunnies are exceptional there, but those freshwater bluefish...ouch... and look out as they may constitute the majority of your catch. Great pond to fish!