NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   STRIPED BASS REPORT- SATURDAY MARCH 16, REPORT- (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122553)

Prowler 5 03-16-2024 02:31 PM

STRIPED BASS REPORT- SATURDAY MARCH 16, REPORT-

5 Attachment(s)
STRIPED BASS REPORT- SATURDAY MARCH 16, 2024.
Hey Gang were out on our first Striper trip of the season and it's a top ten gorgeous day on the water. Donata caught the first keeper of the season 31 inches. Fishing way far back at the west side of the Rail Road Bridge. Fishing everyday now weather permitting, Tomorrow, Up to 9 now 5 keepers and 4 that went back. We'll see you in the morning. Thanks Captain Scott.

Prowler 5 03-17-2024 04:25 AM

Re: STRIPED BASS REPORT- SATURDAY MARCH 16, REPORT-

Donata won the pool and out fished the men. Way to go lady!

Prowler 5 03-17-2024 08:19 AM

Only 4 customers showed up today Sunday, so we did NOT sail, if 2 more guys would have showed up, we would have sailed with 6 fares. Wed looks like a nice day, so we should be fishing.

dales529 03-18-2024 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler 5 (Post 581805)
Only 4 customers showed up today Sunday, so we did NOT sail, if 2 more guys would have showed up, we would have sailed with 6 fares. Wed looks like a nice day, so we should be fishing.

Just curious: Do your patrons ever offer to pick up the 2 extra fares so in this case if the 4 of them ponied up another $45ea to match the 2 no shows then the trip goes? Granted its easier if 10 fares chip in to make 12 but it is a way to salvage the trip if the anglers are willing. We have done it before as its better than just going back home and again I get not everyone has the extra cash to do it but if you already got down there, got food and beverages sometimes its worth it kick up a bit more and save the trip for both you and the boat.

bulletbob 03-18-2024 02:14 PM

We tried that many decades ago on the old Super Cat w/captain Charlie Fossani.. I think there were 5 or 6 guys each willing to pony up another $10 each just so we didn't have to drive back home to Bergen County.. fare was I dunno, $25-$30 in those days maybe. He wouldn't bite.. Gave us each $5 off coupons.. Went back not long after and he wouldn't honor the coupons he gave us!,,, We rented a rowboat in the Shrewsbury river trying for winter flounder instead on that Nov day he wouldn't sail, and caught crap. bob

Prowler 5 03-20-2024 07:16 AM

Sometimes if were 1 or 2 fares short!

bulletbob 03-20-2024 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler 5 (Post 581863)

Thats appreciated actually from someone who has driven a long way only to be turned down because its a slow day when only a few fares show up.. I realize you can't lose money and need a certain amount of cash to run the boat, pay your guys, etc on any given day.. I also realize you probably sail once in a while on a day when you don't make a dime.. these things ARE appreciated by your customers... bob

dales529 03-21-2024 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler 5 (Post 581863)

Thanks Capt. Very professional and maybe your fares will appreciate the offer including myself!

Bob: There you go, you have a new boat to patronize that will get you on some fish! Nothing in this life guaranteed but for sure a Capt that cares about his customers.

bulletbob 03-21-2024 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dales529 (Post 581876)
Thanks Capt. Very professional and maybe your fares will appreciate the offer including myself!

Bob: There you go, you have a new boat to patronize that will get you on some fish! Nothing in this life guaranteed but for sure a Capt that cares about his customers.

I have been out on the Prowler with capt Scott several times.. No complaints of any kind on my part.. Never hit the right day really , but its was never for a lack of effort on his part.

Godrew1972 03-21-2024 05:42 PM

I have fished the Prowler quite a few times, especially when my son was under ten years old. We never killed it, but the boat was always clean and we did more than once go out with pretty small crowd, and when the bite wasn’t great I agree that they definitely moved frequently to find the fish.